Hawthorn Handmade Felting Kits
Hawthorn Handmade Felting Kits
Save 20% off your Felting kit order, when you buy two or more needle felting kits from this listing, use the code FeltedGift at checkout. Hawthorn Handmade Felting Kits, beautiful complete craft kit to learn how to needle felt using British felting wool. Follow the step by step photo instructions and use the included felting needles to stab the wool to life
Included in the box large kits
*These kits are make the perfect creative gift and are designed with the beginner in mind
*Everything you need in a beautiful gift box
*The sharp needles mean the kits are suitable for children ages 10+ and we always recommend adult supervision
*No previous experience or skills are required (no sewing, knitting etc.) and you’ll learn all the techniques you need as you go
*This kit is made with 100% British wool
*The perfect holiday or rainy day project
*The finished works will measure approximately 15cm to 20 cm llong
*It will take a beginner approximately 5-7 hours to complete most of the kits
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What’s included in your kit:
- More than enough high quality British wool in a variety of breeds and colours. You’ll receive more wool than you need to complete one project so there’ll be some left over to have a play with once you’ve learnt how to needle felt!
- Where indicated a foam block working surface - 7” square block gives you plenty of room to work on
- 2x Felting needles in a secure holder to keep them safe
- ‘can’t go wrong’ instructions with 27 step by step photos, a size and shape guide and introduction to needle felting.
Mini Kit- Unicorn
More than enough high quality British wool in a variety of breeds and colours.
2x Felting needles in a secure holder to keep them safe.
Our ‘can’t go wrong’ instructions with 12 step by step photos.
Beautiful gift box to store your project in as you make it.
Finished design: Approximately 8cm long plus the tail
Foam Block optional extra when not included with kit
A square of firm foam ideal for use as a needle felting work surface. Measures 7 x 7 x 1.5 inches. You will need a piece of foam to complete one of our needle felting kits.
What is the foam for?
You use the foam block as a working surface to protect the needles and your table (or lap!). For needle felting you need something soft for the needles to go into whilst you're stabbing the wool. You can use a special felting brush or just a household sponge but our foam blocks are much firmer, will last longer meaning you can use one block of foam to make numerous pieces and is better suited to sculptural felting as you can also use it to help with shaping certain pieces, especially flat things such as wings and ears, as well as beaks and noses.
*Stephanie from Hawthorn Handmade, has been needle felting since 2010 and has taught hundreds of people face to face and sold thousands of kits, she has lots of tips and tricks which are passed on to you in the instructions. If you do have any problems there are also videos here and you can message Stephanie directly.
- Beautiful gift box to store your project in as you make it. Needle felting is the perfect craft to do a little at a time, and it is easy to put to one side and pick up again later.